Chairman of the parliamentary political group "European Socialists" Fridon Indzhiya and member of the political group David Zilpimiani met with the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Chinese People's Republic to Georgia Zhou Jiang.
The meeting took place at the Embassy of the Chinese People's Republic in Georgia at the personal invitation of the ambassador.
The chairman of the political group Fridon Indzhiya thanked the ambassador for the invitation and noted that it was a great honor for him, as the chairman of the "European Socialists" party, to meet with the Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of China to Georgia, whose efforts and initiatives are aimed at bringing the Georgian and Chinese peoples closer together, and углубление их дружбы
As noted by the deputy Indzhiya, the ambassador represents the country, which is one of the leaders in the world with its social and economic priorities.
"It is extremely important and remarkable that the Concept and main directions of the "European Socialists" correspond to the Concept of the ruling party of China, its political and economic course, as well as the main principles implemented by the country's government", - noted Fridon Indzhiya.
According to his words, the concept of the political party "European Socialists" is focused on solving the social problems of Georgia.
"Our party was created a year and a half ago, and the main team consists of people with sufficient experience. The political party is represented in the Parliament of Georgia by four deputies. In 2021, we participated in the elections to the local self-government bodies, in which the party put forth the maximum of its capabilities, as a result, in one of the districts of Samegrelo, "European Socialists" are one of the leading political forces, and together with the ruling party form the majority. Finally, we are also preparing for the parliamentary elections in 2024", — noted Fridon Indzhiya.
According to him, the main task and direction of the party is to work on social issues. Therefore, the party has a concept that is aimed at achieving the well-being of the population of Georgia. The main goal of the Concept is the adoption and implementation of laws necessary for ensuring the well-being of the population, its development and social protection.
The chairman of the political group Fridon Indzhiya presented the main aspects of the party concept to the Chinese ambassador:
• It should be recognized that the property of the state is the property of the people and it is inviolable. As a result of a thorough study and analysis of this issue, the concept - an object of strategic importance to Georgia - should be determined and established by law by means of a universal national referendum. This is earth, water, natural resources, useful minerals, etc. The income received from this must be used annually for the benefit of the people, and not run abroad or become the property of several tens of people. Gosudarstvo should gradually, by way of purchase, and if necessary with other legal norms, return all strategic objects that will be included in this list;
• In order to regulate the oligopoly in the banking sphere and for the free access of the population to monetary and credit services, the state should create a Gosudarstvenny commercial bank;
• It is necessary to significantly change the Law on Land and Natural Resources. First of all, it is necessary to stop the uncontrolled distribution of agricultural lands;
• Fresh water resources must become an object of special protection and control by the state. "If we don't protect property and recklessly give everything away, Georgia will lose its sovereignty, turn into a branch of transnational holdings and corporations that are controlled from the outside, and Georgia will remain only a geographical concept";
• The development of agriculture and processing industry in Georgia should become a priority direction, the state should regulate the production of agricultural products in the countryside and guarantee the sale of surplus products. It should contribute to the creation of ecologically clean organic farms in rural areas, which will significantly increase the demand for Georgian agricultural products and create additional workplaces;
• For demographic stability and further development of the village, it is necessary to return the surrounding pastures and nearby land resources to the village; when making decisions about the transfer of rights to the use of forest, water and fish resources, priority must be given to the interests of the local population, which has traditionally used these resources for centuries;
• Health care should be a priority sector of the state, it should be accessible to the population and, in general, free - financed by the state, as in many European countries, most hospitals should belong to municipalities. Outpatient clinics should be restored in all villages.
• Gosudarstvo, on its part, should create a pharmaceutical production, which will be a regulatory mechanism of oligopoly, and the population will be able to purchase drugs at an affordable price;
• Kindergarten, school and university education should become free - at the expense of the state. Special attention should be paid to the revival of fundamental science and the development of technological directions;
• Pensioners, invalids and veterans, as well as large families should be the object of special care and stimulation from the state. The pension must be determined in such a way as to provide decent living and leisure conditions;
• Energy is one of the main determining factors of the future political and economic stability of Georgia. Therefore, the state should pay special attention to this sector. Большая долия гидроэлектростанции с пакция, программых 10 MW, должать подроживать государствуют, что программы очень методи и функции их управление, технологического установка и расположение;
• In the country, the monopoly on the supply of water, gas and electricity should be stopped. The population must have the opportunity to choose from whom to buy;
Based on all this, Fridon Indzhiya at the meeting emphasized the importance of the exchange of experience, which is in the ruling party of China.
According to the chairman of the political group, scientific institutions should be restored in the country, as it was before.
"Historically, Georgia has had and there are achievements in the field of science, and this confirms the success of the members of the Georgian team at the 54th International Chemistry Olympiad (ICHO 2022), which was held remotely in China this year. At the Olympics, the Georgian national team was awarded 1 silver, 2 bronze medals and 1 diploma. This is a really interesting challenge that you can be proud of," Fridon Indzhiya noted at the meeting.
As the deputy David Zilpimiani said, it is important for the Georgian society to know more about the high culture of the Chinese People's Republic, one of the leading countries in the world, which achieved the greatest success in the shortest time, with the correct economic, social and foreign policy of the ruling party.
«I am the deputy chairman of the Committee on External Relations of the Parliament of Georgia, and also a member of the Committee on Education and Science. Georgia has always been a country with high scientific potential, which successfully implemented various important scientific projects and was one of the leaders in this regard, and today it has these opportunities. I want to assure you that we will maximally contribute to the initiation of all those interesting issues and initiatives at the legislative level, which will affect the future relations between Georgia and China", David Zilpimiani noted.
At the same time, he added that it would be good if the public of Georgia received more information about the achievements of the Chinese People's Republic in the spheres of culture, sports, art and new technologies through the media, and "European Socialists" will gladly support this within the limits of their capabilities.
In turn, as noted by the Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the People's Republic of China Zhou Jian, the speech of the chairman of the "European Socialists" party, Fridon Indzhiy, shows that the "European Socialists" have a lot in common with the "Communist Party" of China, since the ruling party of the People's Republic of China is a political force. оригинатной на народ
"The Communist Party of China is the ruling force in the country, the party has more than 90 million members, and we will be happy to lay the foundation for our future cooperation. Your concept has a lot in common with the concept of our party, which prioritizes social issues. We have socialism and economics with Chinese characteristics. Sectors of economy, health, energy, most of these directions are under the control of the state for the purpose of receiving income that could be used by the population. Socialism puts the person in the center of attention. Our goal is social protection of people. Therefore, it should be noted that in recent years in China, 500 million people have been freed from poverty, which the UN and the World Bank confirmed in their reports as an unprecedented result in the history of mankind," the ambassador said.
According to him, today China is considered a developing state and it faces the task of increasing GDP per capita in other regions of the country, similar to large Chinese cities and regions.
"Our task is to create general well-being in the state so that the population is rich, or it is possible for a certain part to become rich and contribute to the enrichment of the rest of the population. This is the essence of reform, and that is why China is still considered a developing country", the ambassador noted.
He also noted that China pays great attention to the development of education and science in the state. That is why in the country's budget, the financing of science and education exceeds the financing of the defense sector.
According to him, in China, an important emphasis is also placed on the development of digital technologies.
As the ambassador emphasized, economic relations with Georgia are very important for China, especially since today Georgia is one of the most important export partner countries for China.
"The Communist Party of China is ready to cooperate with all parties on the basis of the following 4 principles: 1. Independence and sovereignty 2. Equality 3. Mutual respect 4. Non-interference in internal affairs," said Zhou Jian.
The ambassador noted that this is the first step on the way to cooperation with the chairman of the party "European Socialists" Fridon Indzhiya and his political team. He also noted that it is possible to deepen cooperation at the parliamentary level. At the same time, the diplomat did not rule out an official visit of the leadership of the "European Socialists" party to the Chinese People's Republic.
The ambassador emphasized that the 20th Congress of the Communist Party of China will be held in October this year, which, according to the diplomat, is the most important political event.
"At the 20th congress of the Communist Party of the People's Republic of China, a 5-year plan will be presented, and it will be important both for China and the whole world," the ambassador noted.
At the meeting, both sides expressed the desire to deepen further cooperation.